The Strategy complements the activities of the EU member states, it aims at promoting coordination and information sharing between member states and ensuring that adaptation considerations are addressed in all relevant EU policies.
▪ Analysis of mountain areas in EU member States, acceding and other European countries
▪ Use of the word "mountains" as references in meat products and use of geographical indications and designations of origin
▪ New insights into mountain farming in the EU
▪ Application of 31 December 1980 of Council Directive 75/268/EEC on mountain and hill
farming and farming in certain less-favoured areas
▪ New strategy for mountain regions
▪ Community action for mountain areas